I will be hosting another 8 weeks to inspire self-worth program starting on Sept. 20, 2023. I uploaded a YouTube video that tells more about what to expect.
A lot can happen in a short period of time, but wow at what can transpire in a decade. So let me take you back for a moment to August 7, 2013. On that day I had been in a place of depression and heartbreak over the ending of my marriage. I had moved back to Missouri from Oklahoma and was simply trying to survive emotionally one moment at a time. August 7th dawned very bright and sunny and my family (my parents, my brother, sister-in-law, and both my nieces) had chosen to make a point of spending that day with me. You see that was the day my divorce was to be final. I was going back to being Lisa Freeland. I know longer even knew who Lisa Freeland was nor did I have any clue what my future held, because all my hopes and dreams had come to a crashing destructive end. Little did I know that all that destruction was only the beginning to becoming the woman God had created me to be! Since that moment I have had some pretty major setbacks ...
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." Odds are you heard this and probably even said this as a child. It was our way of being tough and standing up for ourselves. However, the truth is words can be more damaging than sticks and stones. Words cut so deeply and the effects last far longer than physical evidence. Sadly, kind words spoken to or about us are easily brushed aside but the negative words, they cut deep, they last, and they rarely miss their mark. When those damaging words are said within a relationship that's very unhealthy. People consider that an abusive relationship only happens when someone becomes violent, but the truth is verbal, psychological, and emotional abuse are just as damaging. Using words to attack someone often makes them feel small and insignificant, causing them to become more and more withdrawn and isolated. They will start to internalize bad events and situations and actually start to believe they ...
Have you ever considered how the storms of our lives are often very similar to the storms of nature? They come with winds and rain, sometimes feeling almost evil when they include driving rain, and leave behind damage and debris. The past couple of weeks I have been going through a very strong personal storm. There would be small windows of calm and then the storms would start again, and I was getting slammed in every direction. I found myself fighting to breathe and struggling to stand in the wake of all the storms coming at me. To say my determination and resolve wavered would be an understatement. I felt as if I had nothing left to offer, reaching a very low place last Thursday. Then Friday dawned NEW AND BRIGHT! Still I had a few minor storm come at me, but this time it was different because I remembered where my help comes from and who can calm not only the storms of nature, but my personal storms. What a...
Comments
Post a Comment