10 Years


A lot can happen in a short period of time, but wow at what can transpire in a decade.

So let me take you back for a moment to August 7, 2013.  On that day I had been in a place of depression and heartbreak over the ending of my marriage.  I had moved back to Missouri from Oklahoma and was simply trying to survive emotionally one moment at a time.  August 7th dawned very bright and sunny and my family (my parents, my brother, sister-in-law, and both my nieces) had chosen to make a point of spending that day with me.  You see that was the day my divorce was to be final.  I was going back to being Lisa Freeland.  I know longer even knew who Lisa Freeland was nor did I have any clue what my future held, because all my hopes and dreams had come to a crashing destructive end.  Little did I know that all that destruction was only the beginning to becoming the woman God had created me to be!

Since that moment I have had some pretty major setbacks and suffered some devastating loss, but they do not outweigh all the wonderful blessings I have received.  The amount of things I have tried and accomplished in the last 10 years is astounding and through it all I was learning more and more about the woman I am and the woman I wanted to be.  

First and foremost my walk and relationship with God has grown into something so astounding and so glorious there are no words to even describe it.  I feel His presence all the time.  I have learned that I have a gift for working with and supporting individuals with disabilities.  What a surprise and amazing gift that is.  I love being able to support and encourage them, guiding them and seeing them discover that their disability does not define who they are.  I served on a jury, and held my ground against a great deal of pressure and anger.  I ran for public office and was elected as Mayor of Creighton.  I started my own business, and pursued those dreams and goals against many obstacles and pressures.  

Nothing I am today would have been possible if not for the events on August 7, 2013.  God took all that destruction and my personal brokenness and put me back together in a way I never imagined.  He truly is the potter and He heals the brokenhearted.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticks and Stones

Storms