Storms
Have you ever considered how the storms of our lives are often very similar to the storms of nature? They come with winds and rain, sometimes feeling almost evil when they include driving rain, and leave behind damage and debris.
The past couple of weeks I have been going through a very strong personal storm. There would be small windows of calm and then the storms would start again, and I was getting slammed in every direction. I found myself fighting to breathe and struggling to stand in the wake of all the storms coming at me. To say my determination and resolve wavered would be an understatement. I felt as if I had nothing left to offer, reaching a very low place last Thursday.
Then Friday dawned NEW AND BRIGHT!
Still I had a few minor storm come at me, but this time it was different because I remembered where my help comes from and who can calm not only the storms of nature, but my personal storms.
What a difference things have been since drawing even closer to God and giving Him my storm to handle. The peace I've been given is so wonderful. When storms come at you and they attack your very spirit, that's when you need to ask God to fortify your spirit with His spirit, to help your spirit fight those evil storms and to strengthen you from the inside out.
Comments
Post a Comment