Living Independently
"I'm under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Consider those words for a moment. Do you feel the urge to explain yourself and your actions? I used to, but more and more I simply live my life and don't worry about explaining my actions. After all it's my life and my path, not anyone else's. So for me as long as I'm following God I don't care whether I make sense to anyone else.
Many years ago I served on a jury, and found myself repeatedly explaining myself over and over. At one point the jury foreman said, "I just don't understand you". My response, then and still today, was "I'm a woman you'll never understand me".
Once you learn who are you, discover your direction, and are confident in who you are and what you believe, you'll find a sense of freedom in feeling no obligation to explain yourself to others. It's about being secure in your beliefs. When you reach that place in your journey you begin to realize it's okay if you don't make sense to others, as long as you're secure with the person you are and the path you're traveling.
Comments
Post a Comment