Inner Voice



Consider for a moment what thoughts might be going on within my mind in this picture.  As a woman my mind is constantly going in a million different directions and all the while I am listening for that voice within my head to guide me and lead me in the right direction.  Do you listen to your inner voice?

That inner voice is so important and can offer us ways out as well as prevent us from making bad decisions to begin with if we simply listen to it.   However, we can also become so fearful of our choices and so set in our ways that we might use that inner voice as a way to never step out of our comfort zone.  It can become a crutch so to speak.  How do you prevent that from happening?

For me I pray that God is my sole guide, for He knows that right ways for me to go.  I am human though and will many times go astray, what a comfort to know He will guide me back and welcome me with open arms.

Recently I attended a business owners networking luncheon.  It was new and nothing like I expected, I had to convince myself to attend and that it was a good positive move for both myself and the business.  {You see I consistently have to work to overcome doubts and feelings of anxiety.  Can you believe I once was very shy?)  I prayed that God would strengthen me and guide me in the correct path.  As it was my turn to speak I shared a bit about my basic program and then I transitioned into speaking on a different program that I offer and afterwards I received some amazing feedback and support.  I am always in awe of those moments when God gives me guidance and direction, and as always it is through that small inner voice.  

As long as your inner voice is coming from God it will never steer you wrong, but if it's coming from a place of doubt and fear it might be holding you back.  Make sure your inner voice aligns with your true direction.  Hopefully you can see that mine strengthens me against doubts and fears and is guiding me into places where I can honor God in using my gifts and talents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years

Sticks and Stones

Storms