Goals
It's so important to have goals and dreams, but having them means nothing if you aren't willing to put in the work to make them a reality.
Adults will often ask children "what do you want to be when you grow up?" and kids can come up with some amazing ideas. Those ideas are their dreams, and they need to be encouraged and supported. Doesn't mean they are definitely going to become a reality, but those early dreams will help them build later dreams. Those later dreams can then become goals when they learn to commit and work to make those dreams a reality.
I've had lots of dreams, and many of them have remained just that while others have become a reality in one way or another. I used to dream of being a professional singer, even though that probably won't become a reality, several years ago while I was participating as a Bell Ringer during the Christmas holidays with a client I sang in front of a Walmart for 2 hours. No, that's not what I dreamed of, but in a small way my dream of singing for others came true.
I was a very successful Avon Representative when I lived in Oklahoma and I truly loved my job. Avon offered a promotion in 2011. They were offering an all expense paid trip to New York City for a select amount of reps based on their sales, and oh I wanted that trip. I knew the odds were against me, but I put a plan together based on what I knew was required and started working. I dedicated way more time to my business and made lots of sacrifices but I was determined to give it my best shot. Then while visiting my parents for Thanksgiving that year I got the call that yes I had earned that trip! Oh I was so proud of all my hard work and yet I don't think my joy even came close to how proud my father was of me. Unfortunately some where not happy for me, but instead they were jealous. It's not easy to go against those who try to hold you back and discourage your goals and dreams, it's even harder when you reach your goals and they try to pull you back because of jealousy. Just remember, they aren't living your life and their dreams aren't your dreams.
I tell you about this because I want you to know that no matter what you can make your dreams reality. You can reach for the stars and have your dreams and goals if you work for them.
Comments
Post a Comment