Emotions
Emotions aren't good or bad, they simply are a part of life. They are a natural and instinctive reaction or state of mind based on a given circumstance, situation, or mood at any given time. For instance tears are a byproduct of emotions, but they aren't associated only with one emotion. They can be a part of them all.
How do we manage our emotions? So often people tend to try and hide their emotions, almost as if they are ashamed of them. Learning how to handle and cope with our emotions is a process that takes time. Each emotion requires different techniques and we all handle them differently, but if we don't face them and feel them they will eat us up inside and we will eventually explode in a very bad way.
I've been that person who wanted to hide my emotions or even have attempted to bury them deeply. I felt that my emotions were a sign of weakness. However, I now know better, in fact I have learned that emotions need to be felt and experienced. The emotion will not hurt you, but it will help you to learn and grow. Feeling each emotion as it happens teaches us that we can feel both for ourselves and also have empathy for another who might be going through something similar. For instance, if you've lost a loved one and suffered through that pain. Learning how to cope and how to live each day with that loved one gone, understanding from experience that you will never get over that loss but you can learn to live with that loss, then through all those emotions you are then able to help, guide, and support another who is going through the same thing.
When I am heart sick, feeling lost and broken, hurting so deeply I have no idea what to do or how to cope, I have a very unique system. I take a very hot shower during which a cry my eyes out and feel all the pain, while I also am praying to God. I need that solitary time to feel that pain and the tears allow my heart and body to release it all while I am also giving it all over to God and opening myself up to let Him heal my hurt.
Have you ever laughed so hard that your jaws hurt and the tears flowed? Those moments of happiness that even hours, days, and years later when you think back on them you can't help but smile and sometimes even now laugh out loud. How sad if you felt the urge to hide such joy and merriment.
Whether good or bad we need to feel each emotion, we need to learn how to cope and we need to feel those emotions. Don't hide from your emotions, instead feel them, embrace them, learn from them and most importantly use them to help others through this journey we call life.

Comments
Post a Comment