Overcoming Self-Doubt
Since journey began of starting my own business God has been my strength and my guiding force. He's directed me, stopped me from going the wrong direction (when I listened to Him), and carried me through countless moments of doubt.
Let me explain about my doubt. Every ounce of doubt I've dealt with has been self-doubt. Questioning myself on whether I can do this or that. Fear of stepping out of my comfort zone and taking not just steps but actually taking leaps. When you hear the term "taking a leap of faith" believe me I'm walking, living, breathing example of doing just that!
When I find myself starting to doubt and question my path God sends me a small blessing to show me that He's got me and I'm moving in the right direction. At one point this last week, I was struggling. I felt wave after wave of doubt and fear and in the midst of those feelings I knew, all of them were of myself. I never once doubted that God was in this path or that He'd carry me and guide me in the correct direction, all those doubts were in my own abilities or what felt like the lack of my own abilities. When I take myself out of the equation and focus solely on God, that's where I find such calm and peace.
When I put my faith in me, I'm going to fail every time. When I put my faith completely in God I'll succeed every time, because when I'm putting my faith in Him I am giving Him ALL the glory and praise of that success!
Comments
Post a Comment