Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to each of you, I hope this Mother's day was filled with countless blessings.  This blog will be a bit different so please bare with me on my ramblings.

Mother's day isn't easy for everyone, some find it to be a very difficult or challenging day.  I happen to be one of those people.  This year was very good, filled with a weekend of activities with my own mother and making some extra special memories along the way.  Yet as Sunday drew to a close my heart felt a very familiar ache and emptiness.  

My hearts deepest and strongest desire has been to be a mother.  However, God has had a far different plan and purpose for my life.  I am beyond blessed to have lived a life in which I have been surrounded by babies and children who have remained constant in my life as they have grown into amazing adults and still they are very much a part of my life.  The gift that the parents of these children have given me is utterly priceless, for they have trusted me and allowed me to be a part of their children's lives, such an amazing gift that I could never begin to repay!

For these reason's I want to take a moment in this blog to say Happy Mother's Day to: mothers, grandmothers, aunts, bonus mothers, stepmothers, dads who have had to be both mom and dad, those who have lost their mothers and feel that deep loss, those who long to be a mother and for one reason or another haven't been able to do so, those who have lost their children (I know that pain having lost 3 babies), and to anyone else I might have missed.  I pray that you found peace on Mother's Day this year and remember you aren't alone there is always someone who is willing to listen.  We may have different struggles, but we can still offer encouragement, support, and empathy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years

Sticks and Stones

Storms