Walking by Faith


Years ago I heard God telling me what I needed to be doing. He was guiding me in a very specific direction to be a Special Education Teacher. 

When I divorced my first husband I was working as a Special Ed Teacher's Aide, and I loved it. It was during a very challenging time in my life and even more challenging for our country as this was during 9/11. Due to those challenges, our children needed compassionate and capable adults to turn to and lean on. I hope that I was one of those adults who guided and supported the children in my classroom. I believe I was, since all these years later, I still hear from many of them, and continue to feel honored to have them in my life. As that school year drew to an end I was making plans to seek higher education for myself, including visiting area universities within the state. I was drawn to one particular university, even feeling that God was leading me there, but circumstances and my own doubts and fears had me turning from that path and going another direction. I still attended a university part-time, but it didn't feel completely right for me. It also left me very open to change my direction and follow other paths a year later. 

Looking back I think how very different my life would be if I'd simply trusted God and followed Him back then. Where might I be today? 

That being said I'm so grateful God didn't turn His back on me, instead He continued with me, even guiding and protecting me on a path that was not what He had for me. All the while teaching me over and over to trust and follow Him. 

Today I walk a very different path. I work daily to put my trust solely in Him. I'm traveling a path that He is guiding me down. Is it easy? No, but, even so, I'm completely secure in the knowledge that He has me and He will provide. 

I've watched others and heard them say they're following God. I'm so glad they are! So my question is, are you following God completely or are you picking and choosing when you want to follow Him? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years

Sticks and Stones

Storms