Gifts and Talents


Are you aware what your gifts and talents are?  Are you actively using them and in using them are you seeing how they grow?

I remember hearing sermons about gifts and talents and how God gives us all gifts and talents.  How if we use them they grow and become greater but if we don't use them they can become weak or completely disappear.  Then I'd wonder what are my gifts and talents?  I can't play a musical instrument, I can sing but not with a voice that will ever be famous (childhood dream was to be a professional singer), and I certainly can't draw or paint or sculpt art.  I can do many things well, which is a gift of being well-rounded and active in life. These interests are things I enjoy, and while I'm not exactly talented or gift at doing them I still find enjoyment in doing and pursuing them.  Then there are those activities that maybe I can't do them exactly well, but I can do them just enough to have a lot of fun (golf comes to mind).  

As time went on in my life and then eventually I drew closer to God and started listening to Him and following Him I realized my gifts and talents aren't anything like I'd been expecting all along.  Instead they were things like my smile (I smile a lot, because I seek the happiness in my life and I share it when possible).  Then I learned that one of the greatest and strongest gifts God gave me was my heart.  Often I've thought I'm too soft hearted, I feel other's pain and hurt taking that pain and hurt onto myself in hopes of offering them peace.  I couldn't understand why God would give me such a burden. Then again as my faith grew I learned, those with soft empathic hearts are given them because we have been through so much hurt and heartache ourselves that we are strong enough to offer the comfort to other's that we so desperately needed ourselves.  Another gift or talent I've been blessed with is the talent to listen, truly listen without judgment.  Something so many of us seek out is someone to truly listen and hear us, not just our words but also our hearts and feelings.  Having needed that myself I've developed the talent to offer that to others.  

These gifts and talents have all come together to encompass what I do as a life coach.  This is not a job for me this is my life and my passion, this is the gift that God has given me and He's trusting that I will use it and grow it to help, guide, and support others while honoring Him and is great love for me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years

Sticks and Stones

Storms