Barefoot
Do you walk barefoot in the grass? When was the last time you did this?
In the springtime, I can't wait for that moment when the grass starts to turn that beautiful shade of fresh grass green and the temperature starts to rise. I find that soft area of fresh new grass, take off my shoes, wiggle my toes, and just feel.
I walk barefoot around my house most of the time, but that moment when I can do it outside for the first time in spring is one of my favorite moments each year. It centers me and in many ways it grounds me, bringing me a sense of renewal and refreshing, a sense of completion and oneness with the season. I love feeling God's great earth under my feet, feeling the energy.
That first time, the grass is almost certainly cool under my feet, and if possible I'll then make my way to the sidewalk and continue walking barefoot there for a time, where the sun has warmed the concrete (such a wonderful contrast from cool grass to warm concrete). The entire experience offers a feeling of freedom, starting with a freedom from the cold winter months that I've just gone through as well as holding a promise of warmer days ahead.
Nothing says spring and joy and peace to me like walking barefoot in the grass for the first time each year.
Comments
Post a Comment