Viewpoint
We all have our preferences and we tend to create our lives around those preferences. For instance if you want to live in the city, you'll look for a home as near the city life as possible.
Me, I love the mountains, but the ocean is a part of me. Given the choice I will always choose the ocean. If you spend enough time at the ocean you realize that every emotion a person can experience can be witnessed within the calm and turmoil of the waters of the ocean. I look at that and think, God controls all of this and if He can control the vastness of the ocean then my problems and my emotions are no trouble for God and His great love.
In turn I much prefer living in the country, but I also enjoy spending time in the city. The city has activities of culture and the enjoyment of theater and museums as well as concerts and ballet, all of which I greatly enjoy experiencing. However, for living I need the calm and quiet of the country. The peacefulness and the open spaces are wonderful, as well as the sunrises and sunsets which are magnificent in the country sky. As is the night sky filled to overflowing with stars.
How amazing it is that we are so blessed in a country where we are able to choose to experience it all or only the aspects we want. I get to live in the country while enjoying the activities in the city, I can also choose to visit both the mountains and smell the clean fresh mountain air or I can choose the ocean and inhale the glorious salty air. What a wonderful and glorious world God has given us!
Comments
Post a Comment