Connecting with God
Do you feel connected to God? How do you connect with God? When people are struggling it is most common that is when they draw closer to God. Is that you, seeking Him out when you are struggling?
I was raised knowing about God and attending church regularly. However, that doesn't mean I was connecting with Him back then. Over the years I have had moments where I knew God was blessing and absolutely there, but never truly comprehended what that meant or how I felt. As I became older I became more aware and like many would seek Him in those moments of severe trouble when everything else had failed.
As I went through the trials the last few years of my marriage I found myself drawing closer to Him seeking His guidance and counsel. Things came together in such a way over those years that I know only God could have been supporting me. Yet, even in those moments I was unable, or maybe I simply didn't want, to recognize who and what God was. Then things changed with my divorce and I started recognizing His presence in situations and as a result since my divorce in 2013, I have learned to seek Him and trust Him completely. I strive to be closer and more connected with God each day. Trust me I fail Him all the time and yet He never fails me, always He is with me.
I have learned to listen for Him and to Him, yes He speaks to me, I simply had to learn to listen and hear Him. He guides me and opens doors that are leading to abundance and He closes those doors that aren't meant for me. The journey into life coaching and subsequently into starting my own business has all been possible through God's guidance and direction.
I've basically been single for 9 years now, with only a few short relationships in those years. I have however, been blessed with a glorious relationship with God during this time. Learning and trusting like I never imagined possible. God has used this time to teach me to lean solely on Him and to trust He will provide. This past week I have had some challenging moments, and through them all I have been able to see God protecting me and blessing me with angels of comfort and support.
Oh what a wonderful feeling to be fully connecting with God!
Very beautiful post ! I appreciate you sharing yourself
ReplyDelete