Romance Yourself
When was the last time someone showed you some romance? If you're single like me then it's been awhile.
I enjoy romance, and it doesn't have to be anything elaborate and fancy to feel very romantic. Having been single so long (9 years), I've learned that if I want some romance I need to be the one giving it to myself. For me it's a unique aspect to self-care. You could start by using flavored coffee. I bought a special cup for my coffee, it isn't fancy but it makes me feel loved when I use it, and I am loved. I might take myself out to a movie, or get a special meal that I can enjoy. Each day I look for something that makes me feel loved, even if it's taking time to sing and dance to the radio (yes, I am very good at dancing alone).
The first time I did something that felt romantic for myself was when I bought myself flowers. I realized if I wanted flowers it was silly for me to wait for someone else to buy them for me. They made me smile and believe me when you're smiling others are drawn to that. Do something for yourself that puts a smile on your face, it will stay with you and give you joy longer than you imagined.
One thing that I do that I consider as romancing myself is, when something important happens in my life I celebrate that event and even though I'm doing it alone, I'm still giving myself permission to celebrate me. Very soon, I'm going to buy myself chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate the fact that I now have an office for my business. In my opinion that is absolutely romancing myself.
When there is romance in your life it makes your life worth living and sharing with the world. It expands on your purpose and you start embracing all the beauties and joys that come with living. Take a moment and romance yourself, see what happens, take a chance on finding a bit of joy in this world that you hadn't considered might be there.

Comments
Post a Comment