Half Full or Half Empty


Do you see the cup half full or half empty? Are you an optimistic person looking for the good in your situation or are you a pessimistic person looking at the negative and expecting everything to go wrong? 

At different times in our lives and sometimes at different times within a day we can be both of these people. If we're focusing on the here and now and we're looking to where we see ourselves going, focusing with goals and determination often we're more optimistic, our glass is half full. Then if we're allowing people's judgment and our past mistakes to enter into our thoughts we can easily see ourselves as pessimistic with a glass half empty and usually expecting the next shoe to drop.

The trick is don't stay in the half empty mindset long, realize you're there, take stock in your current situation, and then find something positive something that's good right this moment. For me that's often time in nature. When I'm able to surround myself with God's world or with loved ones I thrive, . There are some very special children in my life and time with them can lift my spirits so high I'm nearly floating. Then that one place where I am most often uplifted and find my center of joy, bringing me back to a glass half full is being with God, whether in prayer or in church surround by my church family. In those moments I connect with where I am for a moment and then I can also see myself moving forward, following my dreams, and creating the life I want. 

Once I bring myself back into a glass half full condition I then realize I had fully missed the mark all together. It matters not whether my glass is half full or half empty, the point is my glass can ALWAYS be refilled. 

Comments

  1. Oooooh Awesome Lisa Excellent Point I Love It ! Thanks for sharing 💖 We can Always refill our glass YESSS ! Love and appreciate you girl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years

Sticks and Stones

Storms