Things to Give Up


With the start of a new week do you ever find yourself making goals of things to do or accomplish before the next weekend? I certainly do, along with my work schedule and everything else I need to get done throughout the week. But, have you ever considered making a list of the things to give up or change for the better? 

I used to be my own worst critic and often found myself giving more and more of myself to others until there was nothing left for me. Along with that kind of life I'd often find that while I did everything for everyone else, more often than not it became more and more expected and less and less appreciated. That caused me to become depressed and resentful, certainly not how I wanted to live my life. 

So I started making changes, just small changes, but effective changes nonetheless. The first thing I started changing was how I saw myself and who I wanted to be. I wanted to happy and find a way to stop being so critical of myself. I realized I'm human and I'm going to make mistakes, the goal though should be to learn from those mistakes. (Unfortunately  though, I still lock my keys in the car... but thankfully not very often.) 

Next I prioritized whom I help, for instance my parents are a top priority, but unless it's an emergency I don't drop everything and go, instead I make plans that include helping with what they need but also having a visit and enjoying great quality time with them.  

These are tiny steps that add up to positive changes in life. With each change I'm happier and becoming more and more the woman God has created me to be. It's a perfect time to start creating your "what to give up" list. If you need guidance you can always reach out, I'm here for you and I believe you can become exactly who you were created to be, just start small! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years

Sticks and Stones

Storms