Home is Where the Heart Is
When you think of home what do you imagine? Is it the house where you live or the house you grew up in with your parents? Many adults will say I'm going back home when they travel to visit their parents. Where is home for you?
For me home is a feeling more than a place. I live in a comfortable home and I love that it feels like home, especially since for several years where I resided was more of a place I slept and ate a few meals, certainly not something that felt like home or homey. During that time I was going through the healing process following my divorce and home was my parents house where I was raised.
Then when I was going to move and looking for a place I walked into my current house and immediately I was at peace and knew I was in my future home. For me you see home is a feeling, it's a place where my heart can be calm and at peace. I have several places that feel like home for me. When I travel back to Oklahoma it feels like home, oh yes, it's true I may have been born and raised in Missouri but part of me will always be an Okie, so yes, Oklahoma is home. I have a few friends who's homes feel very homey to me, they are comfortable and so inviting, but I don't necessarily mean the house I mean the feeling of peace.
More often than not home is actually the people rather than the structure. For me, yes, my house is very much home for all the reasons I stated earlier, but beyond my personal residence home is the people. Those people that we allow into our hearts that welcome us and want us, they are a very special kind of home. I firmly believe the saying "HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS" holds great truth.
Comments
Post a Comment