The Rabbit Hole


Have you ever considered how many times you go down a rabbit hole?  We all have multiple rabbit holes that draw our attention, financial, death, divorce, addiction, fear, anxiety, health, etc. the list goes on and on.  Sometimes we get so deep in a rabbit hole we can not see a way, but I promise you there is always a way out.  It may not be easy and it may be messy, but you can get out.  

I have personally found myself deep in many rabbit holes over the years, some I have no clue how I got into, but all at once there I was.  One such rabbit hole was an emotional one that resulted from the death of a loved one.  It started me on a downhill spiral that I wasn't sure how I was going to get out of.  I have learned to lean on God for everything, He is my constant and I know He will always provide.  I rejoiced that my loved one was in heaven singing praises and in the presence of God, but I was broken and wanted him here, I had no idea how I was going to walk this world without him.  I knew God would give me the strength to go on, but I was still so very lost.  I've lost many loved one over the years and most times I face those losses alone depending on no one.  This time was different, this time I knew I couldn't go on alone, I needed help or I would never get out off the rabbit hole.  For the first time ever when asked "how are you?", my response was, "I am not okay, I will be someday, but right now I am not okay".  As a result I was given a great gift, the gift of love and support from others.  Friends and loved ones came to lift me up and carry me through those dark moments, up out of my rabbit hole and into the light.  I still miss my loved one, but I am learning (it's a long process) to live without him. 


No matter what your rabbit hole is, you aren't alone.  If it's a result of finances, loss, addiction, etc. reach out.  There is no shame in saying "I am not okay, I need help".  Do not expect anyone to follow you down your rabbit hole, after all it is yours, but when you ask for help look up and you will see those helping hands reaching down to lift you out and back into the light.  It will take time, it isn't a fast process, but I promise you can make it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years

Sticks and Stones

Storms