Moving Forward


I was married for 10 years and believed it would last forever, after all it was supposed to last forever.  Instead it ended and my world came crashing down around me.  I lost my husband, the man I believed was my best friend, I lost my home, and I lost everything that I believed my life was supposed to be.  I packed my belongs and moved back to be near my family, I needed them and their support to heal.  I learned that a divorce was like a death, all that I had was completely gone, I had to mourn that loss and learn to live again but living would be so different.  It was a long process and I would often find myself looking back, thinking about what was supposed to be instead of seeing what was.  


Slowly, very slowly, I start to build a life that was just mine.  I started doing things that I wouldn't have even considered doing when I was married.  I found my way, including jobs that allowed me to help others instead of focusing on myself all the time.  I even ran for mayor of my little hometown and won, that was quite the adventure, because it started off with me running as a write-in candidate which meant I went door to door introducing myself to everyone in town.  As life continued I found myself investing in my future and taking the leap to pursue my dream of becoming a life coach.  Each step of my journey has increased my life so much, and more importantly I have found a stronger faith and relationship with God.  


As the days, weeks, months, and years have passed (8 years to be exact), I slowly found myself looking back less and less often.  Looking at what is and moving forward is so much more rewarding.  It's like when you're driving, the windshield is large and your rearview mirror is small.  That's because you need to focus on where you are going and what is front of you. Yes, what's behind you, your past, it will come along with you and at times you will be reminded of what was, but focus your attention on what is and where you are going.  Trust me moving forward is going to lead to something amazing!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years

Sticks and Stones

Storms